Draft Notification Revision of Minimum Rates of Wages 2018 for the Tamilnadu Employment in Security Guards
Draft Notification regarding the Revision of Minimum Rates of Wages for the Employment in Security Guards under the Act.
[G.O. (2D) No. 74, Labour and Employment (J1), 20th July 2018, Ý® 4 M÷‹H, F¼õœÀõ˜ Ý‡´-2049.]
No.II(2)/LE/724/2018.— The following draft of a Notification which is proposed to be issued in exercise of the powers conferred by clause (b) of sub-section (1) of Section 3 and sub-section (2) of Section 5 of the Minimum Wages Act, 1948 (Central Act XI of 1948), is hereby published for information of all persons likely to be affected thereby, as required by clause (b) of sub-section (1) of Section 5 of the said Act.
- Notice is hereby given that any objection or suggestion, which may be received from any person with respect thereto, on or before the 29-10-2018 will be considered by the Government of Tamil Nadu. Objection or suggestion, if any, should be addressed to the Principal Secretary to Government, Labour and Employment Department, Secretariat,Chennai-600 009, through the Commissioner of Labour,Chennai-600 006.
In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (b) of sub-section (1) of Section 3 and sub-section (2) of Section 5 of the Minimum Wages Act, 1948 (Central Act XI of 1948) and in supersession of the Labour and Employment Department Notification No. II(2)/LE/421/2014, published at pages 482 and 483 of Part II-Section 2 of the Tamil Nadu Government Gazette, dated the 16th July 2014, the Governor of Tamil Nadu, hereby revises the Minimum Rates of Wages payable to the classes of employees in the employment in Security Guards in the State of Tamil Nadu specified in column (2) of the schedule below, as specified in the corresponding entries in column (3) thereof:-
Employment in Security Guards
Classes of Employees.
(2) Minimum rates of basic wages per month.
(3) Zone-A Zone-B Zone-C (Rs.P) (Rs.P) (Rs.P)
(1) Manager 14055.00 12987.00 11203.00
(2) Assistant Manager 12987.00 12274.00 10490.00
(3) Supervisor 10490.00 9777.00 8709.00
(4) Helper 8709.00 8351.00 7638.00
(5) Senior Security Inspector/ Security Officer 12987.00 12274.00 10490.00
(6) Corporal/Seargent/Assistant Security Officer 11561.00 10848.00 10135.00
(7) Chief Watchman/Senior Watchman 10135.00 9422.00 8709.00
(8) Security Guard (Male/Female) 7996.00 7638.00 7283.00
Explanations.- (1) The Classification of Zones shall be as follows:-
Zone-A : shall include all Municipal Corporations.
Zone-B : shall include all types of Municipalities.
Zone-C : shall include all areas other than those in Zones A and B.
(2) Dearness Allowance.-In addition to Minimum Rates f basic wages fixed above, the employees shall be paid dearness allowance as indicated below:-
(i) The dearness allowance is linked to the Average Chennai City Consumer Price Index Number for the year 2010, that is 161 points (with base year 2001=100) and for every raise of one point over and above 161 points, an increase of Rs.45.20 (Rupees forty five and paise twenty only per month shall be paid as dearness allowance.
(ii) The dearness allowance shall be calculated on the first April of every year on the basis of the average of the indices for the preceding 12 (twelve) months, namely from January to December.
(iii) The fi rst calculation shall thus, be effective from the date of publication of this Notification in the Tamil Nadu Government Gazette, based on the Average Chennai City Consumer Price Index Number for the previous year.
(3) Where the nature of work is the same, no distinction in the payment of wages shall be made between men and women employees.
(4) To arrive at daily wages, the monthly wages shall be divided by 26.
(5) Wherever the existing wages are higher than the Minimum Wages fixed herein, the same shall be continued to be paid.
Source: TN Govt Gazette