Tamilnadu Minimum Basic Wages is Revised After Six Years
Revision of Minimum rates of wages for Employment in General Engineering and Fabrication Industry Under the Act.
[G.O (2D) No. 67, Labour and Employment (J1),13th November 2017,
No. II(2)/LE/12/2018.—In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (b) of sub-section (1) of section 3 and sub-section (2) of section 5 of the Minimum Wages Act, 1948 (Central Act XI of 1948) and in supersession of the Labour and Employment Department Notification No.II(2)/LE/726/2012, published at pages 576 to 577 of Part II-Section 2 of the Tamil Nadu Government Gazette,dated the 31 st October 2012, the Governor of Tamil Nadu,after consultation with the Advisory Board, hereby revises the minimum rates of wages payable to the classes of employees in the Employment in General Engineering and Fabrication Industry, in the State of Tamil Nadu, specified in column (1) of the Schedule below, as specified in the corresponding entries in column (2) thereof, the draft of the same having been previously published as required by clause (b) of sub- section (1) of Section 5 of the said Act.
This Notification shall come into force with effect on and from the date of its publication in the Tamil Nadu Government Gazette.
Employment in General Engineering and Fabrication Industry Classes of Employees.
Minimum rate of basic wages.
1.ADMINISTRATION: ZONE-A ZONE-B (Per month)
Sl No Class Minimum Maximum
(1) Manager 7828.00 7641.00
(2) Assistant Manager
(5) Store Keeper
(10) Security Guard
2.SUPERVISORY: ZONE-A ZONE-B
Sl No Class Minimum Maximum
(1) Foreman 7828.00 7641.00
(2) Supervisor 7660.00 7483.00
(4) Workshop tool keeper
Persons having experience for a period of 5 years in a particular trade or the persons who possess trade certificate including Industrial Training Institute with experience for a period of three years in a particular trade
(i) All Trade Certificate holders including Industrial Training Institute (Grade-l)
(ii) Persons who worked as helpers for not less than two years in a particular trade (Grade-II)
Persons doing work which do not require any training
Explanations.- I. Classification of Zones: Zone–A and Zone-B shall comprise of the following areas:-
Zone-A : All District Head Quarters, Corporations and Municipalities.
Zone-B : Other places
- (1) Dearness Allowance.- The employees shall be paid dearness allowance as indicated below:-
- a) The wages notified above are linked to the Average Chennai City Consumer Price Index Number for
the year 2010, that is 161 points with base 2001 =100 and for any further raise of every point over and above 161 points, variable dearness allowance shall be paid at the rate of Rs.42.35 (Rupees Forty two and thirty five paise only) per month.
- b) The revision of dearness allowance shall thus be effective from the 1st April of every year on the basis of the average of the consumer price indices for the earlier twelve months, that is, from January to December of the previous year.
- c) The first calculation shall thus be effective from the date of publication of this Notification in the Tamil Nadu Government Gazette based on the average Chennai city Consumer Price Index Numbers for the previous year.
(2) Where the nature of work is the same, no distinction in payment of wages shall be made in the case of men and women employees.
(3) (a) To arrive at daily wages, the monthly wages shall be divided by 26.
(b) To arrive at monthly wages, the daily wages shall be multiplied by 30.
(4) Wherever the existing wages are higher than the minimum wages fixed herein, the same shall be continued to be paid.
To Download All Industries Basic Revision Click belowTamilnadu-Revised-Basic-Wages-2018.pdf (2077 downloads)
Source: TN Govt