Revision of Minimum Rates of Wages for the Employment in Bleaching or Dyeing or Both Under the Act
Labour and Employment Department issued Notifications under the Minimum Wages Act for Revision of Minimum Rates of Wages for the Employment in Bleaching or Dyeing or Both Under the Act vide G.O.(2D) No. 4, Labour and Employment (J1), 17th January 2018 and details as follows.
1.No.II(2)/LE/189/2018.—In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (b) of sub-section (1) of Section 3 and sub-section (2) of Section 5 of the Minimum Wages Act, 1948 (Central Act XI of 1948) and in supersession of the Labour and Employment Department Notification No. II(2)/LE/783/2012, published at pages 672 and 673 of Part II-Section 2 of the Tamil Nadu Government Gazette, dated the 21st November 2012, the Governor of Tamil Nadu, after consultation with the Advisory Board,hereby revises the minimum rates of wages payable to the classes of employees in the employment in Bleaching or Dyeing or Both in the State of Tamil Nadu specified in column (2) of the Schedule below, as specified in the corresponding entries in column (3) thereof, the draft of the same having been previously published as required by clause (b) of sub-section (1) of Section 5 of the said Act.
- This Notification shall come into force with effect on and from the date of its publication in the Tamil Nadu Government Gazette.
In addition to the minimum rates of basic wages fixed above, the employees shall be paid dearness allowance as indicated below:-
(i) The dearness allowance is linked to the Average Consumer Price Index of the Chennai City for the year 2010, that is 161 points (with base 2001=100) and for any further raise of every one point over and above 161 points, an increase of Rs. 32.00 (Rupees thirty two only) per month shall be paid as dearness allowance.
(ii) The dearness allowance shall be calculated every year on the first April on the basis of the average of the Consumer Price indices of the preceding 12 months,that is from January to December.
(iii) The First calculation of the dearness allowance shall thus be effective from the date of publication of this Notification in the Tamil Nadu Government Gazette.
(2) Where the same work or work of a similar nature is performed by women, no distinction in the payment of wages shall be made between men and women employees.
(3) To arrive at daily rates of wages, the monthly wages shall be divided by 26.
(4) To arrive at monthly rates of wages, the daily rate of wages shall be multiplied by 30.
(5) Wherever the existing wages are higher than the minimum wages fixed herein, the same shall be continued to be paid.
To download detail notification click belowRevision-of-Minimum-Rates-of-Wages-for-the-Employment-in-Bleaching-or-Dyeing.pdf (46 downloads)
Source: TN Govt