Initial Arrears, Updating Of Date Of Death And Pending Of 10 – D Claims
EPFO issued circular vide No.NDC/14(1)2017 /Pension/ 2-956 dated 20.04.2018 regarding Rectification Of Pension Transaction Inconsistencies With Respect To Initial Arrears, Updating Of Date Of Death And Pending Of 10 – D Claims.
Since the implementation of new Application Software, there were some bugs in the Pension Module. Most of these bugs were due to the wrong and incomplete data migration from the legacy system, others were generated due to following wrong procedure during pension claim processing and the rest owes to the lacking of system validation at input and processing level.
As an initial step, four major issues are being handled in the new function,” Rectify inconsistent PPOs” namely,
- a) Non-updating of pension claim status even after successful disbursement of initial arrears and pension.
- b) Disappearing of initial arrear processing task of a PPO from Dealing Assistant role thereby keeping the PPO in a locked stage and blocking its further processing.
- c) Throwing a message “Process Failed” while attempting initial arrear processing by the Dealing Assistant.
- d) Disappearing of the task of “Updation of date of death” at Dealing Assistant level again keeping the PPO in a locked stage and blocking its further processing.
The new function is added in “DA PDS” Role, under the menu : Pension ->Transaction -> Rectify Inconsistent PPOs which will give four drop down options against the label “Select your option” like the following:
- a) “Rectify pending PPOs”.
- b) “Rectify inconsistent Initial Arrears”.
- c) “Rectify inconsistent Initial Arrears-Process Failed”.
- d) “Rectify inconsistent Updation of date of death”.
It may be recalled that while processing for BRS, users get a message that “There are some locked PPOs” along with a list of locked PPOs with the reason for locking. This list will help the Dealing Assistant to identify PPOs and their reason for locking with which they need to operate this new function mentioned above except option (a). The option (a) shall be operated when it is noticed that the pending list of claims contains some 10-D claims even though claim form 10-D has been settled and BRS processed. After ensuring that all the locked PPOs were verified against all the available options in the module “Rectify inconsistent PPOs” then “DA PDS” can move ahead for the processing of BRS.
In case, after operating and verifying all the functions like amendment of PPO, Updation of LC, Updation of date of death and Initial arrear processing etc. at all levels including DA, SS and APFC, and after checking with the new function “Rectify Inconsistent PPOs”, any case of PPO/PPOs is/are appearing in the list of “locked PPOs”, DA PDS has been given a new option to run BRS by skipping the locked PPO/PPOs . This will help the office to run BRS and disburse pension in time despite some cases withheld due to some reasons other than mentioned in the four categories above. Such cases can be handled separately by analyzing the cases and with the help of technical team at ANOC/NDC.
It is once again reiterated that it is to be ensured that all the locked PPOs must be verified one by one thoroughly through the function “Rectify inconsistent PPOs” before running BRS using the new option of ignoring locked PPOs.
This functionality is incorporated with the WAR Version : 6.2.1 dated 20 .04.2018 .