Resolution Regarding the Reconstitution of SCOVA
The Ministry of Personnel, P.G and Pensions, Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare vide no. F.No.42112/2017-P&PW(G) dated 31.01.2018 passed resolution regarding the reconstitution of SCOVA. The resolution said that Consequent upon expiry of tenure of the Standing Committee of Voluntary Agencies(SCOVA) constituted vide this Department’s Resolution No. 42/08/2013-P&PW(G) dated 25th August, 2015 for a period of two years, the Government of India has decided to reconstitute the SCOV A with the following composition.
(a) Minister of State (Personnel, PC & Pensions) :- Chairman
(b) Secretary, Department of Pension &PW :- Convener & Member Secretary
(c) Official Members:-
(i) Representative of Ministry of Finance
(ii) Representative of Ministry of Defence
(iii) Representative of Ministry of Railways
(iv) Representative of Department of Posts
(v) Representative of Department of Telecom
(vi) Representative of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
(d) Non-official Members (15 Pensioners Associations):-
(i) Standing Group (5 Associations)
- Air Force Association, Air Force Station, Race Course Camp, New Delhi-110003
- N.F. Railway Pensioners Association, Rest Camp, Pandu, Guwahati-781012,Assam
- Central Govt. Pensioners Association (CGPA), 14,Yamuna Bari, Shiv Colony, Tonk Road,Jaipur-302015
- Central Govt. Pensioners Welfare Assocation (CGPW A), Community Centre,Kendriya Vihar Library, Sector-51, Noida-20l303
- Tamilnadu Ex-Services League No 10, R.R.Layout, Farakka Nagar,Pasumalai, Madurai-625004, Tamilnadu
(ii) Rotating Group (10 Associations)
- Kendriya Nivrutta Karmachari Mandal “Shiva Suman”, Martanda Complex (backside), Near Vaduwala Hospital, Kapdi Pole, Vadodara, Gujarat
- Government Pensioners Association, 40/3, Bhandari Bagh, Dehradun-248001 ,Dehradun -Uttarakhand
- Central Govt. Pensioners Welfare Association,E-6, Shiv Basav Nagar, Shiv Mandir Road, Ambarnath Maharashtra
- Uttarpara Central Government Pensioners Association, Sushma Apartment (Ground Floor), 35, Dwarik Jungle Road, P.O Bhadrakalai, Hooghly,West Bengal
- All India Ex-Para Military Personnel Association (Regd), BSF Campus,Jalandhar -144601, Punjab
- Railway Senior Citizens Welfare Society, 32, Phase-6, SAS Nagar, Mohali-160055, Punjab
- All India Organisation of Pensioners, C-589, Indra Nagar, Lucknow-226016,Uttar Pradesh
- Central Civil Pensioners Association, A-12, Chetak Puri, Gwalior -474002,Madhya Pradesh
- Railway Pensioners Welfare Association, A-Manuel Hall, Next to Railway Co.Bank, Sheshadri Iyer Road, Mysore-570021, Karnataka
- All India Organisation of Pensioners (Civil & Military), Althara Junction,Vellayambalam, P.P Sasthamangalam, Thiruvananthpuram-695010, Kerala
- The term of SCOV A being reconstituted through this Resolution will be of 2 years.
The Standing Group members would serve for three terms of two years (one term of two years) or till the pleasure of the Chairman, SCOVA, whichever is earlier. The Rotating Group members would serve for one term of two years and would be eligible for re-nomination for one more term.
- The SCOV A will hold its meeting as often as may be necessary. However, it will meet at least once in a year.
- The SCOV A will function to promote the following objectives:-
(i) To provide a feedback on implementation of policies/programme of the Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare.
(ii) To discuss and critically examine the policy initiatives; and
(iii) To mobilise voluntary efforts to supplement the Government action.
- Travelling Allowance and Daily Allowance to Non-official members for attending the meeting of SCOVA shall be regulated in accordance with the provisions of SR190 and orders of Government of India there under as issued from time to time and this Department’s letter no. 4211112014-P&PW(G) dated 19.05.2014.
- The expenditure involved will be met from within the sanctioned budget grant of Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare.
Source: P& PW(G)