Tamilnadu – Minimum Rates of Wages for the Employment in Domestic Work
Labour and Employment Department issued gazette notification for Fixation of Minimum Rates of Wages for the Employment in Domestic Work Under The Minimum Wages Act, 1948 (Central Act Xi Of 1948.) and details as follows.
[G.O.(2D). No.72, Labour and Employment (J1), 18th July 2018,
1.In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (a) of sub-section (1) of Section 3 and sub-section (2) of Section 5 of the Minimum Wages Act, 1948 (Central Act XI of 1948), the Governor of Tamil Nadu, after considering the advice of the Committee, appointed under clause (a) of sub-section (1) of Section 5 of the said Act, hereby fixes the minimum rates of basic wages payable to the classes of employees employed in the Employment in Domestic Work in the State of Tamil Nadu specified in column (1) of the Schedule below as specified in the corresponding entries in column (2) thereof:-
- This Notification shall come into force with effect on and from the date of its publication in the Tamil Nadu Government Gazette Extraordinary Explanations.-
(1) The Classification of Zones shall be as follows:-
Zone-A : Shall include all Corporations;
Zone-B : Shall include all Municipalities.
Zone-C : Shall include all places other than those in Zones A and B.
(2) Dearness Allowance: In addition to the minimum rates of basic wages fixed above, the employees shall be paid dearness allowance as indicated below:-
(i) The dearness allowance is linked to the Average Chennai City Consumer Price Index for the year 2015, that is 248 points (with base year 2001=100) and for every raise of one point over and above 248 points, an increase of Rs.26.00 (Rupees twenty six only) per month shall be paid as dearness allowance.
(ii) The dearness allowance shall be calculated on the 1st April of every year on the basis of the average of the indices for the preceding 12 (twelve) months, namely from January to December.
(iii) The first calculation of the dearness allowance shall thus be effective from the date of publication of this notification in the Tamil Nadu Government Gazette Extraordinary, based on the average of Chennai City Consumer Price Index Number for the previous year.
(3) To arrive at daily wages, the monthly wages shall be divided by 26.
(4) To arrive at hourly rate of wages, the daily rate of wages shall be divided by 8.
(5) To arrive at monthly rate of wages for 1 hour per day, the hourly rate of wages shall be multiplied by 30.
(6) Where the nature of work is the same, no distinction in the payment of wages shall be made between men and women employees.
(7) Wherever the existing wages are higher than the minimum wages fixed herein, the same shall be continued to be paid.
To download detail notification click below
Source: Tamilnadu Gazette Notification