Companies (Registered Valuers and Valuation) Fourth Amendment Rules, 2018 – MCA
Government of India, Ministry of Corporate Affairs issued Notification on 13th November 2018 regarding MCA – Companies (Registered Valuers and Valuation) Fourth Amendment Rules, 2018 and details as follows.
G.S.R…….(E|.- [n exercise of the powers conferred by section 24T read with section 469 of the Companies Act, 2013 (18 of 2Ol3), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Companies (Registered Valuers and Valuation) Rules, 2017, namely>
- (1) These rules may be called the Companies (Registered Valuers and Valuation) Fourth Amendment Rules, 2018.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
- In the Companies (Registered Valuers and Valuation) Rules, 20 l7 (hereinafter referred to as “the said rules”), in rule l,-
(a) for the marginal heading, the following marginal heading shall be substituted, namely:-
“Short title, commencement and application”;
(b) after sub-rule (2), the following sub-rule shal1 be inserted, namely:-
“(3) These rules shall apply for valuation in respect of any property, stocks,shares, debentures, securities or goodwill or any other assets or net worth of a companv or its liabilities under the provision of the Act or these rules.
Explanation.- It is hereby clarified that conduct of valuation under any other law other than the Act or these rules by any person shall not be affected by virtue of coming into effect of these rules.”.
- In the said rules, in rule 3, in sub-rule (2), –
(a) in clause (a), the word “not” shall be omitted;
(b) in clause (c), after the brackets and letter “(e)”, the brackets and letter “(f),” shall be inserted.
In the said rules, in rule 4,- in clause (c), the words, brackets and letters “and having qualification mentioned at clause (a) or (b)” shall be omitted;
(b) in Explanation II, the words “and examination or training” shall be omitted;
(c) after Explanation II, the following Explanation shall be inserted, namely:-
“Explanation III.- For the purposes of this rule and Annexure IV, equivalent’ shall mean professional and technical qualifications which are recognised by the Ministry of Human Resources and Development as equivalent to professional and technical degree.”.
- In the said rules, in rule 10, the words “and he may conduct valuation as per these rules if required under any other law or by any other regulatory authority” shall be omitted.
- In the said rules, in rule 11, the Explanation shall be omitted.
- In the said rules, in rule 12, in sub-rule(l), in clause (ii), for the words “a professional institute’, the words “it is a professional institute” shall be substituted.
To download detail notification click below