Issue of Certificate of Coverage to members of Social Security Schemes that are not administered by EPFO
EPFO issued circular vide No.IWU/7(24)2009/State Bank of India dated 06.02.2019 regarding Issue of Certificate of Coverage to members of Social Security Schemes that are not administered by EPFO and details as follows.
1. The legislative scope of the Social Security Agreements entered into by India provides that in relation to India the agreement shall apply to members of all legislations concerning:
I. Old age and survivor’s pension for employed persons;
ii. Permanent and total disability pension for employed persons
2. As mandated in the Social Security Agreements (SSA’s), EPFO is the Competent Institution in India to issue Certificate of Coverage to members of various social security schemes falling within the legislative scope of the SSA’s.
3. The online COC software in place to issue COC’s to the members of EPFO is based on UAN therefore it does not allow anyone who does not have a UAN to apply for COC.
4. An online facility for issue of COC to members of social security schemes other than those administrated by EPFO is yet to be developed.
5. Till the launch of such online facility, the Certificate of Coverage to the members of Organizations not covered under the EPF & MP Act shall be issued by the International Workers Unit, EPFO Head Office.
6. All applications for Certificate of Coverage to employees of establishments not covered under EPF & MP Act should be made as per enclosed Performa (OSP-2) along with application for registration number as per Performa (OSP-1), if such establishment has not been given registration number.
7. An application fee of Rs 10,000/- (Rupees Ten thousands only) per application should also be enclosed in the form of Demand Draft to be made in favour of “Central Provident Fund Commissioner” payable at New Delhi or deposited through NEFT to A/c No 35002108902, IFSC Code No SBIN0007755. The NEFT transaction number should be mentioned along with the application.
(This issues with the approval of ACC (HQ) IWU).
To download detail notification click below