Hospital Patient Care Allowance and Patient Care Allowance (PCA) to Railway employees working in Railway Hospitals and Health Units/Clinics
Ministry of Railways, Railway Board issued circular vide RBE No.15 /2018 New Delhi, dated 30.01.2018 regarding Revision of the rates of Hospital Patient Care Allowance (HPCA) and Patient Care Allowance (PCA) to Railway employees working in Railway Hospitals and Health Units/Clinics
- Hospital Patient Care Allowance (HPCA)/Patient Care Allowance (PCA) was introduced on the Railways in terms of Board’s letter No.E(P&A)II-98/HW-6, dt. 09.01.2008 (RBE No.1/2008). Subsequently, on implementation of 6th CPC recommendations, the rates of HPCA/PCA have been revised vide Board’s letter No.E(P&A)II-2013/AL-3, dt. 20.02.2013 (RBE No.15/2013) and dt. 14.07.2014 (RBE No.74/2014).
- Consequent upon the decision taken by the Government of India on the recommendations of the 7th CPC, the President is pleased to decide that Hospital Patient Care Allowance (HPCA)/Patient Care Allowance (PCA) shall be admissible only to existing eligible Group ‘C’ and ‘D’ (Non-Ministerial) Railway employees as per R1H3 of the newly proposed Risk and Hardship Matrix ( Rs.4100 for level 8 and below and Rs.5300 for level 9 and above).
- The revised rates of HPCA/PCA shall be admissible with effect from the 1st of July, 2017.
- The other terms and conditions regarding admissibility of HPCA/PCA as contained in Board’s letter dt. 09.01.2008 (RBE No.1/2008) and subsequent letters in this regard will remain in force.
- These orders would be subject to any modification after issue of instructions by the Nodal Ministry i.e. Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
- This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
Source: Indian Railways