Gazette Notification – Tamil Nadu Shops and Establishments (Amendment) Act, 2018
Under Rule 130 of the Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Rules, the following Bill which was introduced in the Legislative Assembly of the State of Tamil Nadu on 27th June, 2018 is published together with Statement of Objects and Reasons for general information:—
L.A. Bill No. 27 of 2018
A Bill further to amend the Tamil Nadu Shops and Establishments Act, 1947.
BE it enacted by the Legislative Assembly of the State of Tamil Nadu in the Sixty-ninth Year of the Republic of India as follows:—
- (1) This Act may be called the Tamil Nadu Shops and Establishments (Amendment) Act, 2018.
Short title and commencement.
(2) It shall come into force on such date as the State Government may, by notification, appoint.
Tamil Nadu Act
XXXVI of 1947.
- In section 2 of the Tamil Nadu Shops and Establishments Act, 1947 (hereinafter referred to as the principal Act), after clause (17), the following clause shall be inserted, namely:—
“(17-a) “time” means the Indian Standard Time which is five and a half hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time;”.
- For section 3 of the principal Act, the following sections shall be substituted, namely:—
Substitution of section 3.
“3. Registration of shops and establishments.— (1) On and from the date of commencement of the Tamil Nadu Shops and Establishments (Amendment) Act, 2018, employer of every establishment employing ten or more workers shall, within a period of six months from the date of commencement of his business, apply for registration and obtain a registration certificate.
(2) Every application for registration under sub-section (1) shall be in such form and in such manner as may be prescribed.
(3) The inspector on receipt of an application under sub-section (2), register the establishment and issue a registration certificate to the employer in such form as may be prescribed.
(4) The inspector shall maintain the Register of establishments and, the registration certificate issued by the inspector shall be prominently displayed in the establishment by the employer.
(5) (a) The registration certificate shall be valid for a period of five years and shall be renewable once in five years on payment of such fees as may be prescribed and the provisions of sub-sections (2) and (3) shall apply for the renewal of registration certificate;
(b) Every employer shall apply for renewal of his registration certificate before thirty days from the date of expiry of the period of validity of the registration certificate.
(6) If registration or renewal of a registration certificate is not issued within a period of thirty days from the date of receipt of application by the inspector, the registration certificate shall be deemed to have been granted or renewed, as the case may be, under this Act.
To download detail notification click below
Source: TN Gazette