Revision of Minimum Rates of Wages for the Employment in Silk Twisting Industry under the Act
Government of Tamil Nadu issued Draft Notification Regarding the Revision of Minimum Rates of Wages for the Employment in Silk Twisting Industry under the Act and details as follows.
1.G.O.(2D) No.8, Labour and Employment (J1), 25th January 2018 No.II(2)/LE/192/2018.—The following draft of a Notification, which it is proposed to be issued in exercise of the powers conferred by clause (b) of sub-section (1) of Section 3 and sub-section (2) of Section 5 of the Minimum Wages Act,1948 (Central Act XI of 1948), is hereby published for information of all persons likely to be affected thereby,as required by clause (b) of sub-section (1) of Section 5 of the said Act.
- Notice is hereby given that the draft Notification will be taken into consideration on or after the expiry of two months from the date of publication of this Notification in the Tamil Nadu Government Gazette and that any objection or suggestion, which may be received from any person with respect thereto, before the expiry of the aforesaid period will be considered by the Government of Tamil Nadu. Objection or suggestion, if any, should be addressed to the Principal Secretary to Government, Labour and Employment Department,Secretariat, Chennai-600 009, through the Commissioner of Labour, Chennai-600 006.
In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (b) of sub-section (1) of Section 3 and sub-section (2) of Section 5 of the Minimum Wages Act,1948 (Central Act XI of 1948), and in supersession of the Labour and Employment Department Notification No.II(2)/(LE)/682/2013,published at page 604 of Part II-Section 2 of the Tamil Nadu Government Gazette, dated the 4th September 2013, the Governor of Tamil Nadu hereby revises the minimum rates of wages payable to the classes of work/employees in the Employment in Silk Twisting Industry, in the State of Tamil Nadu specified in column (2) of the Schedule below, as specified in the corresponding entries in column (3) thereof
Explanations.-(1) Dearness Allowance.-In addition to the minimum rates of basic wages fixed above, the employees shall be paid dearness allowance as indicated below:-
(i) The dearness allowance is linked to the Average Chennai City Consumer Price Index number for the year 2010 that is, 161 points with base 2001 = 100 and for every raise of one point over and above 161 points,an increase of Rs.1.50 (One rupee and fifty paise only) per day shall be paid as dearness allowance.
(ii) The dearness allowance shall be calculated every year on the First April on the basis of the average of the consumer price indices of the preceeding twelve months, namely from January to December
(iii) The first calculation shall be effective from the date of publication of the Notification in the Tamil Nadu Government Gazette based on the average Chennai City Consumer Price Index Number for the previous year.
(2) W here the nature of work is the same, no distinction in the payment of wages shall be made between men and women employees.
(3) To arrive at the daily wages, the monthly wages shall be divided by 26.
(4) To arrive at the monthly wages, the daily wages shall be multiplied by 30.
(5) Wherever the existing wages are higher than the minimum wages fixed herein, the same shall be continued to be paid.
To download detail notification click below
Source: TN Govt