Revision of Minimum Rates of Wages for employment in Synthetic Gem Cutting Industry under the Act
Government of Tamil Nadu issued Draft Notification vide [G.O. (2D) No. 7, Labour and Employment (J1), 25th January 2018, No.II(2)/LE/191/2018 Regarding the Revision of Minimum Rates of Wages for employment in Synthetic Gem Cutting Industry under the Act and details as follows.
1.Draft of the Notification, which it is proposed to be issued in exercise of the powers conferred by clause (b) of sub-section (1) of Section 3 and sub-section (2) of Section 5 of the Minimum Wages Act, 1948 (Central Act XI of 1948), is hereby published for information of all persons likely to be affected thereby, as required by clause (b) of sub-section (1) of Section 5 of the said Act.
- Notice is hereby given that the draft Notification will be taken into consideration on or after the expiry of two months from the date of publication of this Notification in the Tamil Nadu Government Gazette and that any objection or suggestion, which may be received from any person with respect thereto, before the expiry of the aforesaid period of two months will be considered by the Government of Tamil Nadu. Objection or suggestion, if any, should be addressed to the Secretary to Government, Labour and Employment Department, Secretariat, Chennai-600 009 through the Commissioner of Labour, Chennai-600 006.
In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (b) of sub-section (1) of Section 3 and sub-section (2) of Section 5 of the Minimum Wages Act, 1948 (Central Act XI of 1948) and in supersession of the Labour and Employment Department Notification No. II(2)/LE/807/2012 published at pages 689 to 693 of Part II-Section 2 of the Tamil Nadu Government Gazette, dated the 5th December 2012,the Governor of Tamil Nadu hereby revises the Minimum rates of wages payable to the classes of employees in the Employment in Synthetic Gem Cutting Industry in the State of Tamil Nadu as specified in the Schedule below.
Explanations: (1) Dearness Allowance:- In addition to the minimum rates of basic wages fixed above, the employees shall be paid dearness allowance as indicated below:
(i) The dearness allowance is linked to the Average Chennai City Consumer Price Index Number for the year 2010, that is 161 points (with base 2001=100) and for every raise of one point over and above 161 points,an increase of Rs. 1.05 (Rupee one and 5 paise) per day shall be paid as dearness allowance.
(ii) The dearness allowance shall be calculated every year on the 1st April on the basis of the average of the indices for the preceding 12 months that is from January to December.
(iii) The first calculation shall thus be effective from the date of publication of the Notification in the Tamil Nadu Government Gazette based on the average of Chennai City Consumer Price Index for the previous year.
(2) W here the nature of work is the same, no distinction in the payment of wages shall be made between men and women employees.
(3) To arrive at daily rates of wages, the monthly wages shall be divided by 26.
(4) To arrive at monthly wages, the daily minimum wages shall be multiplied by 30.
(5) Wherever the existing wages are higher than the minimum wages fixed herein, the same shall be continued to be paid.
To download detail notification click below
Source: TN Govt