Scheme for Persecuted Religious Minority Migrants from Bangladesh and Pakistan based in India
Ministry of External Affairs issued notification dated 20th November 2017 regarding Self Financing Scheme – inclusion of persecuted religious minority migrants from Bangladesh and Pakistan based in India and details as follows.
1.Ministry of External Affairs is running a Self Financing Scheme for foreign nationals from developing countries for admission in MBBS / BDS / B E / B. Pharmacy, Diploma in Engineering / Diploma in Pharmacy in institutions in India against seats allotted by M/o Health & Family Welfare and M/o Human Resource Development to the Ministry. Few Seats in Post Graduation (MD/MS) course at Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi are also available under this scheme.
- It has been decided to include persecuted religious minority migrants from Bangladesh and Pakistan based in India within the purview of this Scheme for admission in Post Graduation MD/MS course from academic year 2018-19 with a view to facilitating their greater access to educational institutions in India.
- Applications from eligible persecuted religious minority migrants from Bangladesh and Pakistan based in India for nominations to Post Graduate MD/MS courses under Self-Financing Scheme for the academic year 2018-19 against seats to be granted by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare to Ministry of External Affairs may be forwarded to Ministry of External Affairs, US (Education) latest by 19.03.2018.
- Kindly note that all applicants are required to appear in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) PG conducted by NBE for admission in PG MD/MS courses in India as per Section 10(D) of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956. For more information please visit : www.nbe.edu.in.
- Eligibility Criteria for admission to PG MD/MS
(i) attested copies of their academic transcripts- first, second, third & final year MBBS examination marks
(ii) attested copies of MBBS degrees/ certificates
(iii) NEET-PG Score
(iv) attempt certificate indicating the number of attempts applicants has taken to pass the MBBS examination
(v) A certificate that the MBBS degree of the recommended candidate is recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- Before forwarding the applications, applicants must ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility criteria laid down by Medical Council of India and the Banaras Hindu University.
- How to Apply – Three sets of duly filled applications complete in all respects and with attested enclosures as mentioned should be submitted latest by 19.03.2018 at the following address :-
Under Secretary (Edu)
Ministry of External Affairs
Room No. 2019, Jawaharlal Nehru Bhawan
23 D, Janpath, New Delhi 110 011.
Tel / Fax 49015412 / 49015413.
- Applicants should enclose the following with their applications :-
- three copies of recent passport size photograph,
- copy of Foreign passport current or last held,
- copy of Entry Visa into India,
- copy of long Term Visa,
- copy of last FRRO/FRO registration (proof of last police reporting in case of Pakistani nationals),
- copy of birth certificate,
- character certificate from Head of the Institution last attended,
- copy of NEET PG Score
- All the documents as mentioned in para 8(a) to (h) should be duly attested by FRO / Gazetted officers of concerned district administration.
- The applicants may please note that merely forwarding their applications should not be treated as assurance for their nomination by the Ministry. The Ministry will scrutinize all the applications and only after these are found complete in all respects, the names of the eligible applicants will be considered for nomination in the order of merit and preference for the course.
- Selected candidates are expected to comply with admission formalities, fee structures and procedures of the concerned University.
- The list of disciplines available for P.G. Medical Course (MD/MS) as per last year’s (2017-18) allocation in Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi is as follows:
MD (Psychiatry) 8.
MD (Bio- Chemistry) 2.
MD (Radiotherapy) 9.
MD (Community Medicine) 3.
MD (TB & Resp. Diseases) 10.
MD (Pathology) 4.
MD (Derm., Venereology) 11.
MS (ENT) 5.
MD (Anatomy) 12.
MS (Obst. & Gynaecology) 6.
MD (Physiology) 13.
MS (Orthopaedics) 7.
MD (Microbiology) 14.
The seats are generally allocated in these disciplines but may vary depending on the final allocation by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare. Applicants may accordingly indicate their three preferences for the P.G. course.
- It may please be noted that above seats are on self-financing basis and Students Cell in this Ministry does not provide any financial aid / scholarships under this Scheme. Final decision on fee-structure applicable rests with the concerned University.
Source: Ministry of External AffairsApplication-form-Scheme-for-Persecuted-Religious-Minority-Migrants-from-Bangladesh-and-Pakistan-based-in-India.pdf (53 downloads)