PCDA – 7th Central Pay Commission on notional pay fixation method to pre-01.01.2016 pensioners
PCDA issued Circular No. 610 Dated 05/11/2018 regarding Revision of pension of pre-01.01.2016 pensioners/ family pensioners in implementation of Govt. decision on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission on notional pay fixation method and details as follows.
Reference: (1) This office Circular No.570 dated 31.10.2016 and 585 dated 21.09.2017 and No. 608 dated 26.10.2018.
(2) Govt. Of India, MOD letter No.17(1)/2017(02)/D(Pension/Policy) dt. 17.10.2018. (Available on the website of this office www.pcdapension.nic.in)
- Please refer to this office circular No. 570 dated 31.10.2016, No. 585 dated 21.09.2017 and No. 608 Dated 26.10.2018 issued for revision of pension of Pre-2016 retired/discharged Armed Forces Personnel. Consequent upon issuance of the concordance table vide Gol, MoD letter No. 17(1)/2017(02)/D(Pension/Policy) dated 17.10.2018, revision of pension under notional pay fixation method is to be carried out by the PSAs concerned by issuing Corr. PPO.
- These concordance tables have been prepared to facilitate fixation of notional pay of Pre-2016 pensioners/ family pensioners by the concerned Record Offices and attached Pay Account Offices in case of JCO/ORs of the three services and PCDA(0) Pune/ Naval Pay Office, Mumbai / AFCAO New Delhi in case of commissioned officers of Army / Navy /Air Force respectively. Due care has been taken to prepare these concordance tables based on the fitment tables for fixation of pay from 3rd to 4th (only for Sailors), 4th to 5th, 5th to 6th and 6th to 7th Pay Commission. In case of any inconsistency in the concordance tables vis-a-vis the relevant rules / instructions, the notional pay and pension / family pension of pre-2016 pensioners / family pensioners may be fixed in accordance with the rules / instructions applicable for fixation of pay in the intervening Pay Commission periods.
- The pension / family pension of pre-2016 Armed Forces pensioners / family pensioners may be revised using the appropriate concordance table in accordance with the instructions contained in this Ministry’s above quoted letter dated 5.9.2017.
- To enable PSAs to implement the MOD letter dated 5.09.2017 para-18 of the ibid letter clearly specifies that it shall be the responsibility of the concerned Record offices and attached Pay Account Offices in case of JC0s/ORs of the three Services and PCDA(0) Pune/AFCAO New Delhi/ Naval Pay Office, Mumbai in case of Commissioned Officers of Army / Air Force / Navy to initiate cases for revision of pension/ family pension of Pre-01-01¬2016 pensioners/ family pensioners with effect from 01.01.2016 in accordance with these orders for issue of revised Pension Payment Order (PPO) for every pensioner / family pensioner. The Pension Sanctioning Authority would impress upon the concerned Record Offices/ PCDA(0) Pune / AFCAO New Delhi/ Naval Pay Office, Mumbai for fixation of pay on notional basis based on extant orders and will issue revised Pension Payment Authority at the earliest.
- Suo-moto Revision:
This office has carried out an analysis to assess no of cases of Pre-16 pensioners where revision is involved. As per sanction database, an estimated 22 lakh cases requires revision of pension/family pension. To carry out revision through normal conventional method of calling for LPC-CUM-Data Sheet from RO with vetting of Pay details by PAO concerned may be a herculean task and would be time consuming. Therefore It has been proposed to carry out suo-moto revision subject to the approval of Ministry of Defence, wherever feasible based on PDA details and Pay details (and other info like Rank Group , QS) wherever available in master data base and based on notional Pay fixation as per Concordance table for 7th CPC issued vide GOI. MOD letter dated 17/10/2018.
- Initiation for remaining cases where suo moto is not feasible. (Action by RO/PAO)
In remaining cases where Pay Details (and other related fields like Rank Group, QS) and current PDA details are not available with this office, in such cases this office will not be able to revise the pension and issue the revised PPO on suo-moto basis. In these cases claims / inputs will be required from concerned RO/PAO to authenticate the pensioner details. Therefore to carryout effective, paperless and speedy revision, an Utility software has been developed by PCDA(P) office to be hosted on CGDA WAN to make available all the data of Pre-2016 JC0s/ORs pensioners/family pensioners for access, modification, initiation (if not found available in database of PCDA(P) on search) and for fixation of 7th CPC pay details by respective ROs/PAOs in line with MOD letter dated 05/09/2017 (Para 18). Due care has been taken to account for all the cases of live pensioners however still if any case is missing, the same may be floated through this utility by RO/PAO and forwarded online through utility.
- Paperless Revision and issue of e-PPO
Therefore the Data can be accessed, initiated, approved and completed through the utility software provided by this office on WAN and controlled through allotted login / password, which is menu based and user friendly. Collection of data will be realized through an interface accessible through WAN and completed data will be processed by PCDA(P) Allahabad and e-PPOs will be generated in cases received. The working methodology of utility software and the User Manual defining the role of Record Office and Pay Account Office is attached for guidance.
- Issue and Transmission of e-PPO
The revised corrigendum PPO will be issued by PSAs in e-PPO mode with new 12 digit PPO No. and 4 digit suffix code alongwith old PPO number. The e-PPO consisting of .pdf and .xml files will be digitally signed and will be transmitted directly to the PDAs through SFTP connectivity as is already being done for new pensioners (no confirmation from RO is required by PDA). E-PPOs will also be uploaded on CGDA WAN for ROs to download a copy for record purpose as well as for providing a copy to the pensioner/family pensioner concerned. Any irregularity if noticed may be returned back to this office.
- Allotment of login ID and password to Administrator of RO and PAO:
To access the utility programme, each RO and PAO will be issued login ID and password. Accordingly every RO/PAO has to nominate one Officer of their office as ADMIN (Administrator) to whom login credentials i.e. password will be provided by PCDA(P). The ADMIN of RO/PAO may further allot login user id and password to the required number of users to act as Initiator and Approver in their office at their end through ‘User Management’ of utility software on WAN. For this purpose a Proforma for allotment of login ID and password to the Admin of RO/PAO concerned is enclosed as per Annexure-A which may be filled and submitted to this office under the signature of CRO/PAO In charge concerned on the e-mail address <email@example.com> of this office as well as invariably through the hard copy duly signed by 0 I/C of the Record Office/PAO concerned to Shri Himanshu Tripathy,IDAS Group Officer, EDP Centre, PCDA(P) Allahabad-211014 for further necessary action within a month of issue of this letter / Circular.
- Allotment of login ID and password to other users of RO and PAO (other than administrator)
The Administrator of RO and PAO will further allot login user ID and password to the required number of users as Initiator and Approver of their office at their end through ‘User Management’ of utility software on WAN. Facility has been provided in the utility software that all user can change their password after allotment or as and when they requires.
- Training schedule for Record Offices and concerned Pay Account Offices
It has also been decided that to familiarise the officers/staff of Record Offices and Pay Account Offices with the running/navigation of utility software a two days training programme (theoretical as well as practical) will be organised for the officials of the ROs/PAOs dealing with the pension matters as per training schedule in DPTI, Allahabad. It is advisable that at least one Officer, one JCO and one ORs from each Record Office and one Sr.AO/AO, one AAO along with one Auditor/Sr. Auditor from each PAO may be required to attend the said training programme. It is also impressed that the officers/staff dealing with this revision task should only be nominated by officer in charge of the RO/PAO concerned to participate in the above training programme. Detailed training schedule in this regard is attached with the circular as Annexure-B. Due to limited facility of accommodation in DPTI, Allahabad, it is informed that the accommodation to the participants in the said training programme will be provided on the availability basis.
NOTE: A tutorial video for pre training and guidance on utility software is planned to be uploaded on website of PCDA(P) shortly for all the users.
- Availability of infrastructure
Necessary infrastructure i.e. PC, scanner and WAN connectivity to all the users may be arranged/augmented at your end.